Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The appointment....

Well, just got home from the appointment.  Yea, dil.do cam... always fun.  :)  I do like the ultrasound tech though, so it wasn't too bad.  I walked in exactly on time and then was called back about 5 minutes later, so I didn't have to worry too much about having to see many pregnant women for long (that's very hard sometimes, as you would imagine.)  When I was called back, the tech first did the stomach ultrasound and took measurements, then asked me to empty my bladder (thank god!  That was hurting real bad from all the water I had to drink.) so we could continue with the internal cam.  When I was ready, she continued with the internal cam.  While she was doing measurements, I asked her exactly what we were looking for and she explained very thoroughly.  They were looking mainly at my overies and trying to find out whether or not the Clo.mid was actually working and helpign me ovulate.  They were looking for my dominant follicle (I thought that was what it was....).  She didn't see any promising follicles on my right side, and then she went on to the left side.  Man, that side was tender and painful when she went over there!  She said that she did find one good one on the left side and that might be why it was so tender.  Only one, but as she said, "You only need one, and that's what most other women develop."  True, true.... I was then able to put my clothes back on and leave.  They told me that my doc would call me tomorrow with the results.  It's going to be a long wait until tomorrow, but I might actually be able to take the phone call since we will actually be on a field trip to the zoo for the day.  We make sure to invite enough parents to be free during the field trip in case of emergencies.  It's nice to not have to have a group.  I guess we'll see tomorrow what happens....

PS:  Is it bad that, while I put my clothes on, I wrote down all the measurements she took that were on the U/S screen so I could come home and research them? :)  Oh well, it's my uterus, I can google if I want to! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment