Friday, April 9, 2010

New additions and the obligatory waiting period

Well, the waiting period has commenced and continues to be a pain in my a** as always.  We're 7 days into it (about, FF is so confused about my cycles, and frankly, so am I.... Oh well, at least I know I *did* O this time...) and it's as hard to keep from testing as it always does.  I wanna know, but I know that it won't tell me anytime soon.  *sigh* Oh well....

To add to our craziness in our house, we got a new dog yesterday.  DH and I have both been talking about getting another one for awhile now (can anyone say furbabies?) but just haven't been able to find one.  We disagree somewhat on what we wanted.  I've always wanted a big baby (Mastiff, Great Dane...) and he wanted a Shiba Inu, Greyhound, or a Whippet.  I wouldn't mind one of the others, and he doesn't mind the bigger ones, we could just never find the right one.  Well, yesterday DH went and picked up our new baby, and he is a giant!  He is a male Great Dane, 2 years old and huge! :)  His head goes past DH's waist just standing on 4 feet normally, and he's 6'.  He is the gentlest, sweetest big galoot though. :)  And he's getting along great with our other 2 so far (Mini Schnauzer and long haired Dachshund).  Then again, our 2 deal with big babies all the time since we housesit for a friend's mastiff, and they go over to her house when we go out of town to play with their 4 total mastiffs. :)  He seems to be adjusting well so far.  I love him! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, Thanks for delurking!

    Congrats on your new addition! We have a yellow lab now, but our next dog is either going to be a Mastiff or Ridgeback. It's funny I wasn't really a dog person until I got one. Now I love him to pieces.

    ReplyDelete